Friday, March 20, 2015

My first 2015 update!

My boyfriend had to move back up north for financial reasons, so we've been having to do a long distance relationship.   It's just a weird transitional period for the both of us.  He's finished school and the only industry jobs he's been able to come across have been small freelance gigs... not enough $$ for both rent and student loans.  Meanwhile, I'm still stuck down here in school for my final semester.  Here's hoping we can both find some sort of stability together by the end of 2015!

In other news, it's been unbearably hot in my neck of the woods.  Normally I work out at the gym, but with this heat I've been speed swimming at the pool instead.  I grew up competitively swimming since the age of 6 to the end of high school.  It's the only sport I've ever felt competent at, but it's been so long since I stopped that I felt extremely stiff and sluggish at the pool this week.  Definitely going to try and get back into the groove of things by working swimming back into my weekly schedule.

Enough with the health talk, check out that amazing shaved ice! 

Also, I've developed a huge interest in lingerie these past few months.  I have no idea where this obsession came from, but it's been a fun distraction from heavy schoolwork.  Lingerie is just one of those things that is purely 100% for you.  No one else's satisfaction get's taken into account but your own (and maybe your partner? idk, only sometimes).  It's so self-indulgent and just a tad bit unnecessary... just like all the other frivolous things that appeal to me in life!  

A beautiful Claudette Dessous I sadly had to return due to sizing. But look at those juicy colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment