Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Red Lip Swatches

Lately I've been obsessed with Dita Von Teese's style! Perhaps it's because my tastes vary wildly from day to day and I could never settle on one look, so it's admirable to see someone have such a set style.  And it amazes me how it can be so classic yet "alternative" at the same time!

Of course part of this obsession is reawakening my need to wear red lipstick more often!  I've gone ahead and swatched my entire red collection.


From top to bottom:

Besame cosmetics "Red Velvet".  Honestly, this is the ultimate lipstick.  SO smooth and pigmented, and the color is absolutely perfect on my skin (IMO).  Unfortunately, it's $22, which for my budget is almost unthinkable.  I've been hoarding on to my little matchbook samples for months, but I can see myself giving in and buying a tube for a special occasion.

Life's Entropy "PKA".  This lipstick is made in a similar formula to OCC liptars.  Not a huge fan of liquid lipsticks as my lips are quite dehydrated as is, but since this color is so similar to Red Velvet (just a tad less saturated) I'll gladly sacrifice some comfort for PKA! $8 for a tube.

Milani lip liner in "True Red".  A bright, blue based red.  Love this smooth lip liner!

Wet n Wild's "Stoplight Red".  A pinky-red.  I love WnW's megalast lipsticks, for $3 the quality is incredible.  They do tug a slight bit on application, but they're not dehydrating, even on my super dry lips.

NYC's "Retro Red".  The brightest red I own! A true red that leans towards the warm side.  This was only $1!  Glides on easily, but doesn't have the staying power that Besame's had.


No comments:

Post a Comment